. The National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) named Debjani Ghosh as its President-Designate, who will succeed R Chandrashekhar after completion of his tenure in March next year. Ghosh, former managing director of Intel South Asia, will be the first woman President of Nasscom.
34. The Union Cabinet approved an MoU between India and the Philippines in agriculture and related fields. The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) would improve bilateral cooperation in the field of agriculture and would be mutually beneficial to both countries.
5. The Union Cabinet approved creation of National Testing Agency (NTA) as an autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for higher educational institutions. It will be society registered under Indian Societies Registration Act, 1860.
36. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has approved ‘Sudakhya’ scheme in an attempt to encourage girl students to join technical education. Under this scheme, Girl students who have cleared class X examination, are eligible to get admission into the technical institutes such as ITI.
37. Senior journalist Virendra Sanghi died. He was 66.
38. India number one, Saurav Ghosal defeated Switzerland’s Nicolas Mueller to win the title in the JSW-CCI International Squash Circuit.
39. UNESCO member states appointed former French Culture Minister Audrey Azoulay as the new Director-General of UNESCO. She will the 11th Director-General of UNESCO and the second woman to occupy the position.
40. The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for the protocol amending the Agreement between India and Kyrgyz Republic for the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income.
प्रधानमंत्री नरेन्द्र मोदी की अध्यक्षता में केंद्रीय मंत्रिमंडल ने आय पर करों के संबंध में दोहरे कराधान के परिहार तथा राजकोषीय अपवंचन को रोकने के लिए भारत गणराज्य की सरकार तथा किरगिज़ गणराज्य की सरकार के बीच करार के संशोधनकारी प्रोटोकॉल को अपनी मंजूरी प्रदान कर दी है।